- Click the "Browse..." button and locate the XML file on your computer.
In the screen that just opened, click the button "Open" to select the
XML file you want to convert from your computer.
- Advanced options: if you are familiar with XML and want to use the advanced options,
click the link "Advanced options". You can indicate that the system should
attempt to resolve issues with conflicting XML element names. You can also upload
a DTD (Document Type Definition) file here in case required by the XML file. Note
that in your XML file the reference to the DTD file should just indicate the exact
name of the DTD file name without a directory specification. For example:
- Back on the web page, with the XML file selected, click the button "Convert".
Wait until the conversion has completed. This may take a while so please be patient.
- Once the conversion is complete the page will refresh itself. A link "Download
converted XML file" has appeared as a large blue link. Click on this link.
- Specify the location where you want to save the converted file. The conversion results
are combined into a.zip archive for your convenience. For now I assume you saved
the zip file to your Windows or Mac desktop.
- Go to your desktop and double click the Zip file. Its content, a list of CSV files,
will appear in a new window. Drag and drop the contents to a folder of your choice.
- The CSV files are now ready to be used.
Note that it may take a considerable amount of time to convert a large XML file
to CSV format and that the maximum size allowed is set to 4mb. For larger files,
please download the free desktop XML to CSV conversion software from
- Online data conversion tool for converting XML to CSV format.
- Publisher: Luxon Software
- Application category: File Format Converter-
XML to CSV converter
- Version: 1.5
- Browser requirements: Browser needs access
to disk space on local harddrive.